Free Them All is TCAC's abolitionist workgroup. We formed as an emergency response to the COVID-19 crisis in the Leon County Detention Facility.
Human beings cannot thrive or, as the COVID-19 pandemic has shown, survive in cages. The solution is intentional abolitionist organizing focused on dismantling the oppressive criminal legal system that disposes of people and separates families. Mass criminalization is no accident. The expansion of prisons, policing, and surveillance over the last 40 years is directly tied to repressing the gains of the Civil Rights movement and controlling people, especially Black people. We follow in the footsteps of southern freedom fighters and will not sit by while the intertwined forces of racism and capitalism lock our people up. We are not interested in reforming the system’s cruelty. Instead, we work together to create the world our community deserves by:
• Connecting with incarcerated people to align organizing on the outside with demands and action by those on the inside
• Documenting and publicizing the harms of mass criminalization in all its forms
• Pushing our elected officials to be accountable to the people
• Liberating our friends, family, community members, and ourselves from policing, imprisonment, and surveillance
• Improving the conditions faced by people on the inside while we build long term power
• Divesting from our entire criminal legal system
• Building the supports and services that help our loved ones get free and stay free
Pen Pal Program
Free Them All has a pen pal program to connect with people currently incarcerated in LCDF, their family and loved ones, and those who were recently released. We hope to build fellowship with people impacted by incarceration in our community and advocate for policies that change this harmful system. Areas of interest include COVID-19 policies, access to health care, access to communication and treatment of people inside. Information sent to us will be kept confidential unless we get explicit permission to share. We do not discuss active cases or provide legal advice; we simply seek to make connections, listen, and provide information where appropriate. Please text or leave a voicemail at (850) 270-3030, email FreeThemAll@tallycac.com or send us a letter at P.O. Box 20791, Tallahassee, FL 32316.
We welcome new members and partnerships. If you are interested in joining us, either as an individual or a coalition organization, please fill out this form.